There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in West Virginia
Around 0.2% of West Virginia's graduates graduate from civil engineering degree programs every year. That means an estimated 124 civil engineers graduate from West Virginia's 6 civil engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a civil engineering program is West Virginia University Institute of Technology. West Virginia University Institute of Technology, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Montgomery. In 2010, 16 students graduated from West Virginia University Institute of Technology's civil engineering program. Tuition at West Virginia University Institute of Technology was $5,164 per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a civil engineering program is West Virginia University, which is located in Morgantown. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, West Virginia University graduated 72 students from its civil engineering program. Tuition at West Virginia University was $5,406 per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia with a civil engineering program is Fairmont State University, which is located in Fairmont. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from Fairmont State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Fairmont State University was $5,172 per year.
Tuition at West Virginia's civil engineering schools ranges from $5,406 per year to $2,886 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,455 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- West Virginia University - located in Morgantown, students are charged $5,406 per year
- Fairmont State University - located in Fairmont, students are charged $5,172 per year
- West Virginia University Institute of Technology - located in Montgomery, students are charged $5,164 per year
The following West Virginia civil engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University - located in Keyser, students are charged $2,886 per year
- Bridgemont Community and Technical College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Bluefield State College - located in Bluefield, students are charged $4,596 per year
A civil engineering degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in West Virginia pursue careers as a civil engineer. 1,260 civil engineers were working in West Virginia in 2010. The West Virginia counties with the largest populations of civil engineers are:
- Boone County - 500 civil engineers
- Barbour County - 210 civil engineers
- Boyd County - 150 civil engineers
The government projects that the number of civil engineers in West Virginia will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,430 civil engineers working in West Virginia.
On average, civil engineers earn $67,540 per year. However, West Virginia civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,950 per year to more than $96,630 per year in 2010. The following counties in West Virginia have the highest average salaries for civil engineers:
- Boyd County - $80,590 per year
- Monongalia County - $70,180 per year
- Washington County - $69,880 per year
On average, civil engineers earns the least in the following West Virginia counties:
- Barbour County - $60,690 per year
- Boone County - $66,430 per year
- Belmont County - $68,280 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in civil engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in West Virginia
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||780||$38,540||-22.8%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||270||$38,870||-18.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in West Virginia