There are schools offering educational leadership programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in West Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.3% of West Virginia students graduate with degrees in educational leadership. In other words, every year an estimated 162 educational leadership professonals graduate from West Virginia's 7 educational leadership schools.
Marshall University, which is located in Huntington, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marshall University graduated 24 students from its educational leadership program. The tuition rate at Marshall University was $5,285 per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a educational leadership program is Ohio Valley University, which is located in Vienna. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. In 2010, Ohio Valley University graduated 4 students from its educational leadership program. Tuition at Ohio Valley University was $17,910 per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia with a educational leadership program is West Virginia University, which is located in Morgantown. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, 42 students graduated from West Virginia University educational leadership program. West Virginia University charged in-state students $5,406 in tuition fees per year.
Educational leadership schools in West Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $8,754 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,910 per year, or as little as $5,234 per year. In 2010, the following West Virginia educational leadership schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ohio Valley University - located in Vienna, students are charged $17,910 per year
- Salem International University - located in Salem, students are charged $12,690 per year
- American Public University System - located in Charles Town, students are charged $6,000 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Shepherd University - located in Shepherdstown, students are charged $5,234 per year
- Marshall University - located in Huntington, students are charged $5,285 per year
- West Virginia University - located in Morgantown, students are charged $5,406 per year
An educational leadership degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
Preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator are the professions of choice for a majority of educational leadership graduates in West Virginia. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in West Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,100 West Virginia educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 1,940 middle school principals, 80 preschool directors, and 920 deans. The following counties have the largest number of West Virginia educational leadership professonals:
- Fayette County - 660 educational leadership professonals
- Barbour County - 550 educational leadership professonals
- Boone County - 480 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of educational leadership professonals in the state of West Virginia will grow to 3,000. This would require a 3% growth in the field.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $61,585 per year. In 2010, however, some West Virginia educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $28,140 per year or as much as more than $121,670 per year. Educational leadership professonals in the following West Virginia counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Fayette County - $78,177 per year
- Boyd County - $69,670 per year
- Belmont County - $69,280 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Monongalia County - $59,970 per year
- Barbour County - $61,410 per year
- Boone County - $65,055 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in West Virginia were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $77,560 per year
- Dean - $74,360 per year
- Middle School Principal - $63,180 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in West Virginia were:
- Middle School Principal - $63,180 per year
- Preschool Director - $31,240 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in West Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in West Virginia
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||1,940||$63,180||6.0%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||920||$74,360||33.3%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||160||$77,560||300.0%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||80||$31,240||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in West Virginia