There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in West Virginia
Around 2.8% of West Virginia's graduates graduate from forensic nursing degree programs every year. That means an estimated 1,476 forensic nurses graduate from West Virginia's 19 forensic nursing schools each year.
Marshall University, which is located in Huntington, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marshall University graduated 119 students from its forensic nursing program. Students at Marshall University paid $5,285 per year in tuition fees.
West Virginia Wesleyan College, which is located in Buckhannon, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, West Virginia Wesleyan College graduated 14 students from its forensic nursing program. West Virginia Wesleyan College charged in-state students $23,980 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a forensic nursing program is Davis & Elkins College. Davis & Elkins College, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Elkins. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Davis & Elkins College forensic nursing program. Tuition at Davis & Elkins College was $21,120 per year.
Tuition at West Virginia's forensic nursing schools ranges from $24,980 per year to $2,076 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,627 per year. In 2010, the following West Virginia forensic nursing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Wheeling Jesuit University - located in Wheeling, students are charged $24,980 per year
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- West Virginia Wesleyan College - located in Buckhannon, students are charged $23,980 per year
The forensic nursing schools in West Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- West Virginia Northern Community College - located in Wheeling, students are charged $2,358 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic nursing graduates in West Virginia pursue careers as a forensic nurse. In 2010, there were 120 forensic nurses working in West Virginia. The West Virginia counties with the largest populations of forensic nurses are:
- Monongalia County - 50 forensic nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of forensic nurses is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 150 forensic nurses working in the West Virginia then.
A forensic nurse in West Virginia makes an average of $80,120 per year. But, salaries for forensic nurses can vary. In 2010, forensic nurses made as little as less than $57,430 per year or as much as more than $136,490 per year in West Virginia. On average a forensic nurse earns the most in the following West Virginia counties:
- Monongalia County - $97,530 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in West Virginia
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||1,810||$76,740||-18.8%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||120||$80,120||-36.8%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||40||$37,610||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in West Virginia