There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in West Virginia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Virginia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Washington DC
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Ohio
- Healthcare Administration Programs in North Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Maryland
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Kentucky
- See All Schools in West Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.1% of West Virginia students graduate with degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, West Virginia's 9 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 79 healthcare administrators each year.
Marshall University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Huntington. 43 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from Marshall University in 2010. Tuition at Marshall University was $5,285 per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a healthcare administration program is Davis & Elkins College, which is located in Elkins. In 2010, it was ranked 44th nationwide. Davis & Elkins College charged in-state students $21,120 in tuition fees per year.
West Virginia University Institute of Technology, which is located in Montgomery, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 57th in the country in 2010. In 2010, West Virginia University Institute of Technology graduated 7 students from its healthcare administration programs. Tuition at West Virginia University Institute of Technology was $5,164 per year.
Healthcare administration schools in West Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $5,917 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,120 per year, or as little as $4,596 per year. In 2010, the healthcare administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Davis & Elkins College - located in Elkins, students are charged $21,120 per year
- American Public University System - located in Charles Town, students are charged $6,000 per year
- Marshall University - located in Huntington, students are charged $5,285 per year
The healthcare administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Bluefield State College - located in Bluefield, students are charged $4,596 per year
- West Virginia University Institute of Technology - located in Montgomery, students are charged $5,164 per year
- Fairmont State University - located in Fairmont, students are charged $5,172 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare administration graduates in West Virginia pursue careers as a healthcare administrator. If you decide to work as a healthcare administrator in West Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,810 West Virginia healthcare administrators as of 2010. The largest populations of West Virginia healthcare administrators are working in the following counties:
- Boyd County - 340 healthcare administrators
- Fayette County - 310 healthcare administrators
- Barbour County - 310 healthcare administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of healthcare administrators is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,950 healthcare administrators working in the West Virginia then.
On average, a healthcare administrator earns a salary of $76,740 per year in West Virginia state. But, salaries for healthcare administrators can vary. In 2010, healthcare administrators made as little as less than $38,200 per year or as much as more than $136,230 per year in West Virginia. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for a healthcare administrator are:
- Washington County - $94,290 per year
- Fayette County - $82,010 per year
- Boyd County - $81,240 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Barbour County - $66,490 per year
- Belmont County - $67,940 per year
- Boone County - $74,590 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare administration in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in West Virginia
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in West Virginia
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||1,810||$76,740||-18.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in West Virginia