There are schools offering management courses in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Management Programs in West Virginia
Marshall University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a management program. It is located in Huntington. 9 students graduated with a degree in management from Marshall University in 2010. Marshall University charged in-state students $5,285 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a management program is Ohio Valley University. Ohio Valley University, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Vienna. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Ohio Valley University management program. Students at Ohio Valley University paid $17,910 per year in tuition fees.
Concord University, which is located in Athens, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a management program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Concord University graduated 0 students from its management programs. Tuition at Concord University was $4,974 per year.
If you choose to attend a West Virginia management school, average tuition will be $9,681 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,122 per year to $24,700 per year. In 2010, the following West Virginia management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- West Virginia Wesleyan College - located in Buckhannon, students are charged $23,980 per year
- Alderson Broaddus College - located in Philippi, students are charged $22,204 per year
The management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- Monongalia County Technical Education Center - located in Morgantown, students are charged $2,360 per year
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - located in Martinsburg, students are charged $3,072 per year
A management degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
A large number of West Virginia management graduates become managers. In 2010, there were 8,680 managers working in West Virginia. The West Virginia counties with the largest populations of managers are:
- Boone County - 2,130 managers
- Barbour County - 1,670 managers
- Fayette County - 1,570 managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of managers is expected to shrink by -7% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,780 managers working in the West Virginia then.
On average, a manager earns a salary of $78,500 per year in West Virginia state. However, West Virginia managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,570 per year to more than $165,490 per year in 2010. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for a manager are:
- Monongalia County - $87,310 per year
- Fayette County - $83,570 per year
- Boyd County - $82,800 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for managers:
- Belmont County - $71,420 per year
- Barbour County - $73,010 per year
- Boone County - $78,840 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Management in West Virginia
- Certificate in Management in West Virginia
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||8,680||$78,500||16.8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||6,390||$33,700||1.3%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||1,810||$76,740||-18.8%|
|Managers, All Other||1,340||$70,620||3.1%|
|Food Service Managers||1,050||$42,270||18.0%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||630||$34,420||61.5%|
|Industrial Production Managers||450||$87,030||-22.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||80||$66,310|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in West Virginia