There are schools offering medical assistant programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in West Virginia
Approximately 1.1% of graduates in of West Virginia receive medical assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 588 medical assistants graduate from West Virginia's 17 medical assistant schools each year.
Alderson Broaddus College, which is located in Philippi, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 49th in the country in 2010. 65 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Alderson Broaddus College in 2010. The tuition rate at Alderson Broaddus College was $22,204 per year.
Valley College, which is located in Princeton, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Valley College medical assistant program. Valley College charged in-state students $9,500 in tuition fees per year.
Monongalia County Technical Education Center, which was ranked 59th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Morgantown. In 2010, Monongalia County Technical Education Center graduated 8 students from its medical assistant programs. The tuition rate at Monongalia County Technical Education Center was $2,360 per year.
Tuition at West Virginia's medical assistant schools ranges from $22,204 per year to $2,358 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,176 per year. The West Virginia medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Alderson Broaddus College - located in Philippi, students are charged $22,204 per year
- Everest Institute-Cross Lanes - located in Charleston, students are charged $14,336 per year
- West Virginia Junior College-Bridgeport - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $11,725 per year
The following West Virginia medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Virginia Northern Community College - located in Wheeling, students are charged $2,358 per year
- Monongalia County Technical Education Center - located in Morgantown, students are charged $2,360 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in West Virginia go on to work as a medical assistant. 3,400 medical assistants were working in West Virginia in 2010. The largest populations of West Virginia medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 890 medical assistants
- Barbour County - 660 medical assistants
- Boyd County - 620 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in West Virginia will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,780 medical assistants working in West Virginia.
On average, medical assistants earn $22,960 per year. In 2010, however, some West Virginia medical assistants earned as little as less than $15,980 per year or as much as more than $41,360 per year. A medical assistant in the following West Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Monongalia County - $26,310 per year
- Belmont County - $24,410 per year
- Boone County - $23,730 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in West Virginia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Barbour County - $20,330 per year
- Fayette County - $21,920 per year
- Washington County - $22,990 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in West Virginia
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in West Virginia
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in West Virginia