There are schools offering paralegal programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in West Virginia
Around 0.2% of West Virginia's graduates graduate from paralegal studies degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 114 paralegals graduate from West Virginia's 11 paralegal schools.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a paralegal program is West Virginia Junior College. West Virginia Junior College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Morgantown. 10 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from West Virginia Junior College in 2010. Tuition at West Virginia Junior College was $11,100 per year.
West Virginia Business College-Wheeling, which is located in Wheeling, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, West Virginia Business College-Wheeling graduated 45 students from its paralegal program. West Virginia Business College-Wheeling charged in-state students $9,150 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a paralegal program is American Public University System. American Public University System, which was ranked 88th in the country in 2010, is located in Charles Town. In 2010, American Public University System graduated 4 students from its paralegal programs. Students at American Public University System paid $6,000 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of West Virginia's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,297 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,358 per year. In 2010, the following West Virginia paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Huntington, students are charged $18,048 per year
- West Virginia Junior College - located in Morgantown, students are charged $11,100 per year
- West Virginia Business College-Wheeling - located in Wheeling, students are charged $9,150 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- West Virginia Northern Community College - located in Wheeling, students are charged $2,358 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
- New River Community and Technical College - located in Beckley, students are charged $2,878 per year
A paralegal degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paralegal school in West Virginia go on to work as a paralegal. 2,280 paralegals were working in West Virginia in 2010. The largest populations of West Virginia paralegals are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 720 paralegals
- Fayette County - 370 paralegals
- Barbour County - 240 paralegals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,720 paralegals will be working in West Virginia state. This would require the number of paralegals to grow by 10%.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $36,230 per year in West Virginia state. But, salaries for paralegals can vary. In 2010, paralegals made as little as less than $18,350 per year or as much as more than $54,780 per year in West Virginia. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Boone County - $38,760 per year
- Boyd County - $38,730 per year
- Belmont County - $38,020 per year
The West Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Fayette County - $27,950 per year
- Barbour County - $31,440 per year
- Monongalia County - $35,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in paralegal studies in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in West Virginia
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in West Virginia
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||2,280||$36,230||15.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in West Virginia