There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in West Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.2% of West Virginia students graduate with degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 131 respiratory therapists graduate from West Virginia's 10 respiratory therapy schools each year.
Marshall University, which is located in Huntington, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Marshall University in 2010. Students at Marshall University paid $5,285 per year in tuition fees.
Carver Career Center, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Charleston. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Carver Career Center respiratory therapy program.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia with a respiratory therapy program is Wheeling Jesuit University, which is located in Wheeling. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Wheeling Jesuit University in 2010. Students at Wheeling Jesuit University paid $24,980 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at West Virginia's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $24,980 per year to $2,122 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,666 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Wheeling Jesuit University - located in Wheeling, students are charged $24,980 per year
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- Mountain State University - located in Beckley, students are charged $7,200 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in West Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- West Virginia Northern Community College - located in Wheeling, students are charged $2,358 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in West Virginia go on to work as a respiratory therapist. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in West Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 800 West Virginia respiratory therapists as of 2010. The largest populations of West Virginia respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Boyd County - 210 respiratory therapists
- Boone County - 170 respiratory therapists
- Fayette County - 150 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of West Virginia will grow to 960. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
On average, respiratory therapists earn $44,910 per year. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in West Virginia had varying salaries from $32,240 to $58,670 per year in 2010. The following counties in West Virginia have the highest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Monongalia County - $47,990 per year
- Boyd County - $46,550 per year
- Belmont County - $46,460 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Barbour County - $41,520 per year
- Fayette County - $42,490 per year
- Boone County - $43,010 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in West Virginia
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||140||$37,070||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in West Virginia