There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in West Virginia
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of West Virginia receive surgical technology certificates every year. That means an estimated 85 surgical technologists graduate from West Virginia's 8 surgical technologist schools each year.
Carver Career Center, which is located in Charleston, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Carver Career Center graduated 3 students from its surgical technologist program.
Monongalia County Technical Education Center, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Morgantown. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Monongalia County Technical Education Center surgical technologist program. Students at Monongalia County Technical Education Center paid $2,360 per year in tuition fees.
James Rumsey Technical Institute, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Martinsburg. In 2010, James Rumsey Technical Institute graduated 4 students from its surgical technologist programs. Tuition at James Rumsey Technical Institute was $0 per year.
Surgical technologist schools in West Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $1,937 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,504 per year, or as little as $2,076 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bridgemont Community and Technical College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - located in Martinsburg, students are charged $3,072 per year
- Monongalia County Technical Education Center - located in Morgantown, students are charged $2,360 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- West Virginia Northern Community College - located in Wheeling, students are charged $2,358 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in West Virginia go on to work as a surgical technologist. 590 surgical technologists were working in West Virginia in 2010. In West Virginia, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 180 surgical technologists
- Boyd County - 170 surgical technologists
- Washington County - 90 surgical technologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of surgical technologists is expected to grow by 18% by 2018. There are projected to be 890 surgical technologists working in the West Virginia then.
A surgical technologist in West Virginia earns $32,310 per year on average. In 2010, however, some West Virginia surgical technologists earned as little as less than $22,470 per year or as much as more than $46,660 per year. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for a surgical technologist are:
- Fayette County - $35,320 per year
- Boyd County - $34,280 per year
- Monongalia County - $33,510 per year
A surgical technologist in the following counties in West Virginia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Barbour County - $29,620 per year
- Boone County - $30,660 per year
- Belmont County - $32,670 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in West Virginia
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in West Virginia
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in West Virginia