There are schools offering accounting degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a accounting program. It is located in Madison. 235 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison paid $8,983 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a accounting program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. 96 students graduated with degree in accounting from Marquette University in 2010. Students at Marquette University paid $30,462 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a accounting program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Whitewater. 231 students graduated with degree in accounting from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2010. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
Accounting schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $10,999 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,462 per year, or as little as $3,339 per year. In 2010, the accounting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
- Saint Norbert College - located in De Pere, students are charged $28,043 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
An accounting degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin accounting graduates become accountants. If you decide to work as an accountant in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 18,160 Wisconsin accountants as of 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin accountants are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 6,860 accountants
- Columbia County - 2,700 accountants
- Brown County - 1,430 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 26,520 accountants working in the Wisconsin then.
An accountant in Wisconsin earns $62,340 per year on average. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $32,280 per year or as much as more than $98,790 per year in Wisconsin. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Milwaukee County - $66,360 per year
- Racine County - $63,410 per year
- Columbia County - $63,320 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for accountants are:
- Adams County - $52,800 per year
- Fond du Lac County - $53,710 per year
- Barron County - $54,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Accounting in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||32,170||$33,100||-22.9%|
|Accountants and Auditors||18,160||$62,340||-9.4%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||8,590||$32,320||-16.6%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,220||$35,890||-22.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Wisconsin