There are schools offering art classes in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a art program is University of Wisconsin-Madison. University of Wisconsin-Madison, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Madison. 206 students graduated with a degree in art from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Madison was $8,983 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a art program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Whitewater. In 2010, 40 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater art program. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
Lakeland College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a art program. It is located in Plymouth. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Lakeland College art program. Students at Lakeland College paid $19,640 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin art school, average tuition will be $14,711 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,379 per year to $36,312 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin art schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Lawrence University - located in Appleton, students are charged $36,312 per year
- Beloit College - located in Beloit, students are charged $35,038 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
The following Wisconsin art schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
An art degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of art graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as an artist. If you decide to work as an artist in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 100 Wisconsin artists as of 2010. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of artists are:
- Milwaukee County - 30 artists
An artist in Wisconsin earns $39,670 per year on average. However, Wisconsin artists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,320 per year to more than $58,630 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for an artist are:
- Milwaukee County - $40,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in art and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as animation or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Art in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Art in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||390||$49,010||2.6%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||160||$38,700||-23.8%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||100||$39,670||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Wisconsin