There are schools offering beauty programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Wisconsin
Advanced Institute of Hair Design, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a beauty program. It is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, Advanced Institute of Hair Design graduated 117 students from its beauty program.
Advanced Institute of Hair Design, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a beauty program. It is located in Milwaukee. 42 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Advanced Institute of Hair Design in 2010.
The Institute of Beauty and Wellness, which is located in Milwaukee, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 92 students graduated with certificate in beauty from The Institute of Beauty and Wellness in 2010. Students at The Institute of Beauty and Wellness paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's beauty schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,188 per year, though tuition can range from $4,058 per year to $3,371 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin beauty schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College - located in Fennimore, students are charged $3,464 per year
A beauty certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs beauty graduates in Wisconsin pursue include barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. 16,270 beauty professionals were working in Wisconsin in 2010. Of these, 10,580 were hairdressers. In addition, were barbers, and 510 were estheticians. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of beauty professional work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 4,550 beauty professionals
- Columbia County - 1,530 beauty professionals
- Brown County - 790 beauty professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 26,040 beauty professionals will be working in Wisconsin. This would require the number of beauty professional to grow by 10%.
beauty professionals in Wisconsin earn $36,462 per year on average. But, salaries for beauty professional can vary. In 2010, beauty professional made as little as less than $15,470 per year or as much as more than $115,410 per year in Wisconsin. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for beauty professionals are:
- Fond du Lac County - $50,820 per year
- Ashland County - $44,603 per year
- Rock County - $40,460 per year
Beauty professionals in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $26,103 per year
- Houston County - $28,350 per year
- Marathon County - $29,265 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $65,390 per year
- Salon Manager - $38,240 per year
- Esthetician - $27,140 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Wisconsin were:
- Barber - $26,900 per year
- Hairdresser - $24,640 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in beauty and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Beauty in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||10,580||$24,640||-2.1%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,640||$65,390||-5.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||2,540||$38,240||-11.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Wisconsin