There are schools offering business degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a business program. It is located in Madison. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Madison graduated 1,032 students from its business program. University of Wisconsin-Madison charged in-state students $8,983 in tuition fees per year.
Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a business program. It received a ranking of 25th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marquette University graduated 587 students from its business program. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a business program. It is located in Whitewater. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduated 897 students from its business programs. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,527 per year, though tuition can range from $35,038 per year to $3,339 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Beloit College - located in Beloit, students are charged $35,038 per year
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
The following Wisconsin business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
A business degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Many Wisconsin business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Wisconsin had 94,000 business professionals in 2010. 7,990 of these business professionals were business analysts, 4,320 were chief executive officers, and 25,700 were operations managers. The largest populations of Wisconsin business professional are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 33,400 business professionals
- Columbia County - 15,440 business professionals
- Brown County - 6,560 business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of business professionals is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 118,240 business professionals working in Wisconsin then. Of these 118,240 business professionals, the government predicts that 11,350 will be business analysts, 7,210 will be chief executive officers, and 27,430 will be operations managers.
On average, business professionals earn $80,708 per year. However, this number is only an average. Business professional in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $15,800 to $164,640 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Racine County - $87,843 per year
- Milwaukee County - $87,529 per year
- Winnebago County - $86,830 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Buffalo County - $68,104 per year
- Ashland County - $70,685 per year
- Adams County - $74,443 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $183,850 per year
- Operations Manager - $107,220 per year
- Financial Manager - $102,680 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Cost Estimator - $59,360 per year
- Credit Counselor - $38,870 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Business in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Business in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||25,700||$107,220||-2.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||18,160||$62,340||-9.4%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,990||$74,100||44.0%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||2,900||$75,730||49.5%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,160||$81,910||33.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,660||$95,760|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Wisconsin