There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a civil engineering program is University of Wisconsin-Madison. University of Wisconsin-Madison, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Madison. 129 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Madison was $8,983 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a civil engineering program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, 69 students graduated from Marquette University civil engineering program. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a civil engineering program is University of Wisconsin-Platteville, which is located in Platteville. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 72 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from University of Wisconsin-Platteville in 2010. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Platteville was $6,772 per year.
Civil engineering schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $9,043 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,462 per year, or as little as $3,379 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin civil engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Milwaukee School of Engineering - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $29,520 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
The civil engineering schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Moraine Park Technical College - located in Fond Du Lac, students are charged $3,503 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from civil engineering school in Wisconsin go on to work as a civil engineer. In 2010, there were 4,090 civil engineers working in Wisconsin. The largest populations of Wisconsin civil engineers are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,370 civil engineers
- Columbia County - 970 civil engineers
- Brown County - 400 civil engineers
The government projects that the number of civil engineers in Wisconsin will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,360 civil engineers working in Wisconsin.
On average, a civil engineer earns a salary of $71,580 per year in Wisconsin state. However, Wisconsin civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $38,070 per year to more than $114,840 per year in 2010. A civil engineer in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Milwaukee County - $79,980 per year
- Calumet County - $73,880 per year
- Sheboygan County - $72,470 per year
A civil engineer in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Marathon County - $59,750 per year
- Brown County - $62,610 per year
- Rock County - $62,660 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,210||$47,000||-33.9%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,100||$45,170||-29.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Wisconsin