There are schools offering computer networking courses in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.4% of Wisconsin graduates receive degrees in computer networking. Thus, Wisconsin's 28 computer networking schools put out approximately 617 computer network administrators each year.
University of Wisconsin-Stout, which is located in Menomonie, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 44 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from University of Wisconsin-Stout in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Stout was $8,099 per year.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a computer networking program. It is located in Fennimore. In 2010, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College graduated 5 students from its computer networking program. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College charged in-state students $3,464 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a computer networking program is Milwaukee Career College, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 13 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Milwaukee Career College in 2010. The tuition rate at Milwaukee Career College was $0 per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's computer networking schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $3,339 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,298 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin computer networking schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Green Bay - located in Green Bay, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Wisconsin computer networking schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
A computer networking degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Wisconsin go on to work as a computer network administrator. In 2010, there were 6,510 computer network administrators working in Wisconsin. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin computer network administrators:
- Milwaukee County - 2,400 computer network administrators
- Columbia County - 1,090 computer network administrators
- Chippewa County - 370 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Wisconsin will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,630 computer network administrators working in Wisconsin.
On average, computer network administrators earn $61,670 per year. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Milwaukee County - $67,110 per year
- Racine County - $65,760 per year
- Winnebago County - $65,190 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Chippewa County - $48,620 per year
- Buffalo County - $49,620 per year
- Ashland County - $51,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||110||$47,270||120.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Wisconsin