There are schools offering computer programming courses in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Wisconsin graduates receive degrees in computer programming. In other words, every year an estimated 135 computer programmers graduate from Wisconsin's 17 computer programming schools.
ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a computer programming program. It is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, no students graduated from ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield's computer programming program. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield was $18,048 per year.
Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Chippewa Valley Technical College computer programming program. Chippewa Valley Technical College charged in-state students $3,677 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Green Bay, which is located in Green Bay, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Green Bay graduated 0 students from its computer programming programs. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Green Bay was $18,048 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,032 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $3,339 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Green Bay - located in Green Bay, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
A computer programming degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin computer programming graduates become computer programmers. In 2010, there were 6,650 computer programmers working in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 2,470 computer programmers
- Columbia County - 1,260 computer programmers
- Brown County - 490 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Wisconsin will shrink by -14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,680 computer programmers working in Wisconsin.
On average, computer programmers earn $68,190 per year. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Columbia County - $77,560 per year
- Barron County - $69,730 per year
- Winnebago County - $69,680 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Adams County - $51,460 per year
- Ashland County - $53,170 per year
- Calumet County - $60,960 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||110||$47,270||120.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Wisconsin