There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a cosmetology program is Advanced Institute of Hair Design, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 117 students graduated from Advanced Institute of Hair Design's cosmetology program.
Advanced Institute of Hair Design, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, Advanced Institute of Hair Design graduated 42 students from its cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a cosmetology program is Wisconsin Academy. Wisconsin Academy, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Peshtigo. 22 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Wisconsin Academy in 2010. Wisconsin Academy charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's cosmetology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,225 per year, though tuition can range from $4,058 per year to $3,371 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin cosmetology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
The cosmetology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from cosmetology school in Wisconsin go on to work as a cosmetologist. 10,580 cosmetologists were working in Wisconsin in 2010. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of cosmetologists work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 3,080 cosmetologists
- Columbia County - 1,180 cosmetologists
- Dodge County - 700 cosmetologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of cosmetologists in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 20,140. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, cosmetologists earn $24,640 per year. However, this number is only an average. cosmetologists in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $15,650 to $47,600 per year in 2010. On average a cosmetologist earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Calumet County - $29,040 per year
- Ashland County - $27,070 per year
- Milwaukee County - $26,610 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for cosmetologists are:
- Rock County - $19,410 per year
- Racine County - $20,520 per year
- Barron County - $21,060 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||10,580||$24,640||-2.1%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||380||$21,510||-15.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Wisconsin