There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.2% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from dental assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Wisconsin's 13 dental assistant schools put out approximately 325 dental assistants each year.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which is located in Fennimore, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College graduated 12 students from its dental assistant program. Students at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College paid $3,464 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a dental assistant program is Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. 21 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
Northcentral Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Wausau. 8 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Northcentral Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Northcentral Technical College was $3,493 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's dental assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,221 per year, though tuition can range from $3,677 per year to $3,339 per year. The Wisconsin dental assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
The following Wisconsin dental assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental assistant graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as a dental assistant. If you decide to work as a dental assistant in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,460 Wisconsin dental assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin dental assistants:
- Milwaukee County - 1,680 dental assistants
- Columbia County - 500 dental assistants
- Barron County - 380 dental assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental assistants is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,340 dental assistants working in the Wisconsin then.
A dental assistant in Wisconsin earns $33,380 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. dental assistants in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $17,310 to $51,520 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a dental assistant are:
- Racine County - $39,970 per year
- Brown County - $37,240 per year
- Sheboygan County - $37,060 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for dental assistants are:
- Dodge County - $30,490 per year
- Barron County - $30,690 per year
- Fond du Lac County - $31,030 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,010||$36,700||-19.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Wisconsin