There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.1% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from dental hygiene degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 159 dental hygienists graduate from Wisconsin's 8 dental hygienist schools.
Chippewa Valley Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Eau Claire. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Chippewa Valley Technical College's dental hygienist program. Students at Chippewa Valley Technical College paid $3,677 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a dental hygienist program is Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, Northcentral Technical College graduated 28 students from its dental hygienist program. The tuition rate at Northcentral Technical College was $3,493 per year.
Fox Valley Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Appleton. 14 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Fox Valley Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Fox Valley Technical College was $3,650 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,542 per year, though tuition can range from $3,677 per year to $3,433 per year. The Wisconsin dental hygienist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
The following Wisconsin dental hygienist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
- Northcentral Technical College - located in Wausau, students are charged $3,493 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental hygienist school in Wisconsin go on to work as a dental hygienist. In 2010, there were 4,950 dental hygienists working in Wisconsin. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of dental hygienists are:
- Milwaukee County - 1,280 dental hygienists
- Columbia County - 770 dental hygienists
- Brown County - 370 dental hygienists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental hygienists in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 5,960. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
A dental hygienist in Wisconsin makes an average of $61,120 per year. But, salaries for dental hygienists can vary. In 2010, dental hygienists made as little as less than $41,730 per year or as much as more than $89,170 per year in Wisconsin. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for dental hygienists:
- Sheboygan County - $65,050 per year
- Columbia County - $64,230 per year
- Chippewa County - $64,190 per year
A dental hygienist in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Brown County - $58,630 per year
- Dodge County - $58,640 per year
- Barron County - $59,030 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental hygiene in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Wisconsin