There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Wisconsin
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Indiana
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Michigan
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Minnesota
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Iowa
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Illinois
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Ohio
- See All Schools in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Wisconsin graduates receive degrees in early childhood education. That means an estimated 455 early childhood education professionals graduate from Wisconsin's 32 early childhood education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a early childhood education program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Whitewater. 24 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2010. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a early childhood education program is University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, which is located in Stevens Point. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, 23 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point early childhood education program. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point was $6,845 per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a early childhood education program is Ripon College, which is located in Ripon. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 6 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Ripon College in 2010. The tuition rate at Ripon College was $27,081 per year.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin early childhood education school, average tuition will be $10,624 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,339 per year to $28,043 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Norbert College - located in De Pere, students are charged $28,043 per year
- Ripon College - located in Ripon, students are charged $27,081 per year
- Concordia University-Wisconsin - located in Mequon, students are charged $22,150 per year
The following Wisconsin early childhood education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
early childhood education graduates in Wisconsin can go into a variety of professions such as kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. 41,660 early childhood education professionals were working in Wisconsin in 2010. Of these, 9,390 were preschool teachers. In addition, 3,160 were kindergarten teachers, and 28,070 were elementary school teachers. The largest populations of Wisconsin early childhood education professional are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 13,350 early childhood education professionals
- Columbia County - 4,800 early childhood education professionals
- Barron County - 2,900 early childhood education professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 50,930 early childhood education professionals will be working in Wisconsin. This would require the number of early childhood education professional to grow by 4%.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn a salary of $42,835 per year in Wisconsin state. However, Wisconsin early childhood education professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,920 per year to more than $110,010 per year in 2010. Early childhood education professionals in the following Wisconsin counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Ashland County - $45,830 per year
- Milwaukee County - $45,258 per year
- Brown County - $44,975 per year
On average, early childhood education professionals earn the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Rock County - $34,870 per year
- Winnebago County - $35,270 per year
- Chippewa County - $38,653 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $52,110 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,410 per year
- Preschool Director - $47,230 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Preschool Director - $47,230 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $24,590 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,070||$52,110||6.2%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||9,390||$24,590||51.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,160||$47,410||16.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,040||$47,230||31.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Wisconsin