There are schools offering electrician courses in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Wisconsin students graduate with certificates in electrician training. In other words, every year an estimated 350 electricians graduate from Wisconsin's 12 electrician schools.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which is located in Fennimore, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in electrician from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College was $3,464 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a electrician program is Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, 65 students graduated from Chippewa Valley Technical College electrician program. Chippewa Valley Technical College charged in-state students $3,677 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a electrician program is Northcentral Technical College. Northcentral Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Wausau. In 2010, Northcentral Technical College graduated 7 students from its electrician programs. The tuition rate at Northcentral Technical College was $3,493 per year.
Electrician schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $3,554 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,058 per year, or as little as $3,339 per year. In 2010, the electrician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
The electrician schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
An electrician certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrician graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as an electrician. Wisconsin had 9,610 electricians in 2010. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of electricians are:
- Milwaukee County - 2,510 electricians
- Calumet County - 1,260 electricians
- Columbia County - 1,230 electricians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 13,630 electricians will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of electricians to shrink by -2%.
An electrician in Wisconsin earns $52,530 per year on average. But, salaries for electricians can vary. In 2010, electricians made as little as less than $28,040 per year or as much as more than $81,540 per year in Wisconsin. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for electricians:
- Rock County - $62,320 per year
- Milwaukee County - $57,070 per year
- Dodge County - $54,160 per year
An electrician in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $45,230 per year
- Ashland County - $45,360 per year
- Buffalo County - $46,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrician training in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||2,400||$62,930||-10.4%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||2,380||$53,090||-23.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||1,630||$51,720||49.5%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||290||$66,870||-14.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Wisconsin