There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.8% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,366 elementary educators graduate from Wisconsin's 27 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a elementary education program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Madison graduated 87 students from its elementary education program. Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison paid $8,983 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a elementary education program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Marquette University elementary education program. Students at Marquette University paid $30,462 per year in tuition fees.
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a elementary education program. It is located in Whitewater. 122 students graduated with degree in elementary education from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin elementary education school, average tuition will be $16,572 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,619 per year to $30,462 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
- Saint Norbert College - located in De Pere, students are charged $28,043 per year
The following Wisconsin elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside - located in Kenosha, students are charged $6,619 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - located in Oshkosh, students are charged $6,680 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville - located in Platteville, students are charged $6,772 per year
An elementary education degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin elementary education graduates become elementary educators. Wisconsin had 28,070 elementary educators in 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 9,230 elementary educators
- Columbia County - 3,040 elementary educators
- Barron County - 2,020 elementary educators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of elementary educators in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 33,690. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
An elementary educator in Wisconsin makes an average of $52,110 per year. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin elementary educators earned as little as less than $28,210 per year or as much as more than $81,880 per year. An elementary educator in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Marathon County - $58,370 per year
- Milwaukee County - $56,230 per year
- Calumet County - $53,510 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Buffalo County - $46,050 per year
- Racine County - $48,270 per year
- Columbia County - $48,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,070||$52,110||6.2%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,370||$88,970||-4.8%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,160||$47,410||16.6%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||3,160||$51,130||-2.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Wisconsin