There are schools offering EMT training in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.8% of Wisconsin graduates receive certificates in emergency medical training. That means an estimated 1,357 emergency medical technicians graduate from Wisconsin's 15 EMT schools each year.
Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Chippewa Valley Technical College's EMT program. Tuition at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 112 students graduated from Northcentral Technical College EMT program. Northcentral Technical College charged in-state students $3,493 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a EMT program is Fox Valley Technical College. Fox Valley Technical College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Appleton. In 2010, Fox Valley Technical College graduated 69 students from its EMT programs. Fox Valley Technical College charged in-state students $3,650 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's EMT schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,523 per year, though tuition can range from $4,058 per year to $3,339 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
The EMT schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
An EMT certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Wisconsin go on to work as an emergency medical technician. 5,290 emergency medical technicians were working in Wisconsin in 2010. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of emergency medical technicians work in the following counties:
- Barron County - 1,030 emergency medical technicians
- Adams County - 710 emergency medical technicians
- Milwaukee County - 650 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that the number of emergency medical technicians in Wisconsin will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,610 emergency medical technicians working in Wisconsin.
On average, an emergency medical technician earns a salary of $28,470 per year in Wisconsin state. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $15,520 per year or as much as more than $67,820 per year in Wisconsin. An emergency medical technician in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Rock County - $43,380 per year
- Milwaukee County - $35,840 per year
- Marathon County - $32,790 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Fond du Lac County - $23,900 per year
- Barron County - $24,940 per year
- Brown County - $25,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Wisconsin
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||5,290||$28,470||-25.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Wisconsin