There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.2% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from graphic design degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 304 graphic designers graduate from Wisconsin's 24 graphic design schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a graphic design program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Whitewater. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduated 18 students from its graphic design program. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
Saint Norbert College, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a graphic design program. It is located in De Pere. 12 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Saint Norbert College in 2010. The tuition rate at Saint Norbert College was $28,043 per year.
University of Wisconsin-Stout, which is located in Menomonie, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 22 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Stout graphic design program. University of Wisconsin-Stout charged in-state students $8,099 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's graphic design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,395 per year, though tuition can range from $29,750 per year to $3,355 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
- Saint Norbert College - located in De Pere, students are charged $28,043 per year
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $27,000 per year
The graphic design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
A graphic design degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,380 Wisconsin graphic designers as of 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin graphic designers are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,450 graphic designers
- Columbia County - 700 graphic designers
- Brown County - 330 graphic designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of graphic designers in the state of Wisconsin will shrink to 6,360. This would require a -3% decline in the profession.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $42,010 per year in Wisconsin state. But, salaries for graphic designers can vary. In 2010, graphic designers made as little as less than $18,030 per year or as much as more than $75,500 per year in Wisconsin. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Fond du Lac County - $51,350 per year
- Columbia County - $47,690 per year
- Milwaukee County - $45,760 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Ashland County - $29,640 per year
- Barron County - $32,460 per year
- Adams County - $33,490 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Wisconsin