There are schools offering health information programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Wisconsin
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Wisconsin receive health information degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 81 health information technicians graduate from Wisconsin's 9 health information schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a health information program is Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. 17 students graduated with a degree in health information from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
Western Technical College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a health information program. It is located in La Crosse. 2 students graduated with degree in health information from Western Technical College in 2010. Western Technical College charged in-state students $3,446 in tuition fees per year.
Moraine Park Technical College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a health information program. It is located in Fond Du Lac. 16 students graduated with degree in health information from Moraine Park Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Moraine Park Technical College was $3,503 per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's health information schools ranges from $13,560 per year to $3,379 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,389 per year. The Wisconsin health information schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Rasmussen College-Wisconsin - located in Green Bay, students are charged $13,560 per year
- University of Phoenix-Milwaukee Campus - located in Brookfield, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Madison Campus - located in Madison, students are charged $11,040 per year
The health information schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
- Moraine Park Technical College - located in Fond Du Lac, students are charged $3,503 per year
A health information degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin health information graduates become health information technicians. If you decide to work as a health information technician in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,130 Wisconsin health information technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin health information technicians are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,550 health information technicians
- Columbia County - 400 health information technicians
- Brown County - 270 health information technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,380 health information technicians will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of health information technicians to grow by 14%.
A health information technician in Wisconsin earns $34,960 per year on average. However, Wisconsin health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,880 per year to more than $55,700 per year in 2010. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Columbia County - $39,600 per year
- Milwaukee County - $36,080 per year
- Houston County - $35,940 per year
A health information technician in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Racine County - $29,400 per year
- Winnebago County - $31,000 per year
- Marathon County - $31,130 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in health information. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Health Information in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,130||$34,960||27.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Wisconsin