There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Wisconsin
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Wisconsin receive healthcare administration degrees every year. Thus, Wisconsin's 22 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 176 healthcare administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a healthcare administration program is University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, which is located in Eau Claire. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire was $7,360 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a healthcare administration program is Northland College, which is located in Ashland. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, Northland College graduated 1 students from its healthcare administration program. Northland College charged in-state students $25,241 in tuition fees per year.
Cardinal Stritch University, which is located in Milwaukee, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. Students at Cardinal Stritch University paid $22,750 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Wisconsin's healthcare administration schools ranges from $25,241 per year to $3,355 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,629 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin healthcare administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northland College - located in Ashland, students are charged $25,241 per year
- Cardinal Stritch University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $22,750 per year
- Globe University-Eau Claire - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $15,660 per year
The healthcare administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Waukesha County Technical College - located in Pewaukee, students are charged $3,506 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare administration graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as a healthcare administrator. If you decide to work as a healthcare administrator in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,140 Wisconsin healthcare administrators as of 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin healthcare administrators are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,640 healthcare administrators
- Columbia County - 660 healthcare administrators
- Barron County - 310 healthcare administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare administrators in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 5,680. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, a healthcare administrator earns a salary of $91,190 per year in Wisconsin state. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin healthcare administrators earned as little as less than $37,370 per year or as much as more than $151,400 per year. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a healthcare administrator are:
- Milwaukee County - $105,360 per year
- Sheboygan County - $100,360 per year
- Columbia County - $99,320 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Adams County - $72,470 per year
- Chippewa County - $75,740 per year
- Rock County - $76,710 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare administration in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||5,140||$91,190||30.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Wisconsin