There are schools offering history degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering History Programs in Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a history program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 332 students graduated with a degree in history from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. University of Wisconsin-Madison charged in-state students $8,983 in tuition fees per year.
Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a history program. It received a ranking of 25th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marquette University graduated 54 students from its history program. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a history program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which is located in Whitewater. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduated 26 students from its history programs. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was $6,836 per year.
History schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $17,620 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,312 per year, or as little as $6,619 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Lawrence University - located in Appleton, students are charged $36,312 per year
- Beloit College - located in Beloit, students are charged $35,038 per year
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
The following Wisconsin history schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside - located in Kenosha, students are charged $6,619 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - located in Oshkosh, students are charged $6,680 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville - located in Platteville, students are charged $6,772 per year
A history degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as a historian. In 2010, there were 40 historians working in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of historians work in the following counties:
A historian in Wisconsin makes an average of $51,880 per year.
For more data regarding a career in history in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in History in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in History in Wisconsin
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Wisconsin