There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a hospitality program is Lakeland College. Lakeland College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Plymouth. 10 students graduated with a degree in hospitality from Lakeland College in 2010. The tuition rate at Lakeland College was $19,640 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a hospitality program is University of Wisconsin-Stout. University of Wisconsin-Stout, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Menomonie. In 2010, 110 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Stout hospitality program. University of Wisconsin-Stout charged in-state students $8,099 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a hospitality program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Fennimore. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College hospitality program. The tuition rate at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College was $3,464 per year.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin hospitality school, average tuition will be $5,885 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,433 per year to $19,640 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lakeland College - located in Plymouth, students are charged $19,640 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Stout - located in Menomonie, students are charged $8,099 per year
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College - located in Hayward, students are charged $3,870 per year
The hospitality schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College - located in Fennimore, students are charged $3,464 per year
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - located in Green Bay, students are charged $3,511 per year
A hospitality degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
hospitality graduates in Wisconsin can go into a variety of professions such as restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. Wisconsin had 39,200 hospitality professionals in 2010. 440 of these hospitality professionals were hotel managers, 3,680 were restaurant managers, and 1,940 were sous chefs. The largest populations of Wisconsin hospitality professional are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 9,420 hospitality professionals
- Columbia County - 3,880 hospitality professionals
- Adams County - 2,780 hospitality professionals
The government projects that the number of hospitality professionals in Wisconsin will grow by 2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 48,880 hospitality professionals working in Wisconsin. The greatest growth for hospitality professional is predicted to be amongst Line Cooks, who are expected to increase by 6% by 2018.
hospitality professionals in Wisconsin make an average of $31,713 per year. But, salaries for hospitality professional can vary. In 2010, hospitality professional made as little as less than $15,330 per year or as much as more than $144,490 per year in Wisconsin. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Milwaukee County - $33,261 per year
- Sheboygan County - $29,752 per year
- Rock County - $29,648 per year
Hospitality professionals in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Fond du Lac County - $23,514 per year
- Marathon County - $23,978 per year
- Chippewa County - $24,638 per year
On average, the highest paid hospitality professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Hotel Manager - $53,700 per year
- Restaurant Manager - $44,200 per year
- Sous Chef - $38,110 per year
On average, the lowest paid hospitality professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $19,880 per year
- Pizza Maker - $19,290 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in hospitality and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Hospitality in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||7,480||$25,190||-1.1%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||5,690||$19,290||-44.3%|
|Cooks, Short Order||4,430||$19,880||1.8%|
|Food Service Managers||3,680||$44,200||4.2%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||1,940||$38,110||-32.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Wisconsin