There are schools offering LPN programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Wisconsin
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a LPN program. It is located in Fennimore. In 2010, 40 students graduated from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College's LPN program. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College charged in-state students $3,464 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a LPN program is Chippewa Valley Technical College. Chippewa Valley Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Eau Claire. 35 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 77 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Northcentral Technical College in 2010. Students at Northcentral Technical College paid $3,493 per year in tuition fees.
Lpn schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $4,258 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,560 per year, or as little as $3,339 per year. The Wisconsin LPN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Rasmussen College-Wisconsin - located in Green Bay, students are charged $13,560 per year
- College of Menominee Nation - located in Keshena, students are charged $5,890 per year
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
The LPN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
A LPN certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin LPN graduates become licensed practical nurses. In 2010, there were 10,450 licensed practical nurses working in Wisconsin. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of licensed practical nurses are:
- Milwaukee County - 3,180 licensed practical nurses
- Columbia County - 1,080 licensed practical nurses
- Dodge County - 730 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed practical nurses in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 12,360. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, a licensed practical nurse earns a salary of $41,010 per year in Wisconsin state. However, this number is only an average. licensed practical nurses in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $25,920 to $56,210 per year in 2010. On average a licensed practical nurse earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Milwaukee County - $44,550 per year
- Columbia County - $42,920 per year
- Dodge County - $40,220 per year
On average, licensed practical nurses earns the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Marathon County - $35,260 per year
- Winnebago County - $36,590 per year
- Chippewa County - $37,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Wisconsin
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||10,450||$41,010||1.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Wisconsin