There are schools offering LVN programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.6% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from nursing certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,003 licensed vocational nurses graduate from Wisconsin's 17 LVN schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a LVN program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which is located in Fennimore. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 40 students graduated with a certificate in LVN from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College was $3,464 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a LVN program is Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. 35 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. Students at Chippewa Valley Technical College paid $3,677 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a LVN program is Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, Northcentral Technical College graduated 77 students from its LVN programs. Northcentral Technical College charged in-state students $3,493 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's LVN schools ranges from $13,560 per year to $3,339 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,258 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin LVN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Rasmussen College-Wisconsin - located in Green Bay, students are charged $13,560 per year
- College of Menominee Nation - located in Keshena, students are charged $5,890 per year
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
A LVN certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LVN school in Wisconsin go on to work as a licensed vocational nurse. If you decide to work as a licensed vocational nurse in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,450 Wisconsin licensed vocational nurses as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin licensed vocational nurses:
- Milwaukee County - 3,180 licensed vocational nurses
- Columbia County - 1,080 licensed vocational nurses
- Dodge County - 730 licensed vocational nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed vocational nurses is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 12,360 licensed vocational nurses working in the Wisconsin then.
A licensed vocational nurse in Wisconsin earns $41,010 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin licensed vocational nurses earned as little as less than $25,920 per year or as much as more than $56,210 per year. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a licensed vocational nurse are:
- Milwaukee County - $44,550 per year
- Columbia County - $42,920 per year
- Dodge County - $40,220 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for licensed vocational nurses are:
- Marathon County - $35,260 per year
- Winnebago County - $36,590 per year
- Chippewa County - $37,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Wisconsin
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||10,450||$41,010||1.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Wisconsin