There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.9% of Wisconsin graduates receive certificates in medical assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 1,558 medical assistants graduate from Wisconsin's 36 medical assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a medical assistant program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, 33 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison's medical assistant program. Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison paid $8,983 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a medical assistant program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. 51 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Marquette University in 2010. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a medical assistant program is University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, which is located in La Crosse. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse graduated 14 students from its medical assistant programs. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse was $7,911 per year.
Medical assistant schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $7,088 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,462 per year, or as little as $3,339 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin medical assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carroll University - located in Waukesha, students are charged $24,065 per year
- Globe University-Eau Claire - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $15,660 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. In 2010, there were 10,580 medical assistants working in Wisconsin. The largest populations of Wisconsin medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 3,450 medical assistants
- Barron County - 1,120 medical assistants
- Columbia County - 970 medical assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,960 medical assistants will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of medical assistants to grow by 21%.
A medical assistant in Wisconsin earns $30,470 per year on average. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $20,280 per year or as much as more than $41,560 per year in Wisconsin. A medical assistant in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Columbia County - $32,450 per year
- Sheboygan County - $31,190 per year
- Milwaukee County - $31,030 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Ashland County - $27,910 per year
- Adams County - $28,520 per year
- Houston County - $28,920 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Wisconsin