There are schools offering medical coding classess in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a medical coding program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Fennimore. In 2010, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College graduated 20 students from its medical coding program. Students at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College paid $3,464 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a medical coding program is Milwaukee Career College, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, 95 students graduated from Milwaukee Career College medical coding program.
Herzing University, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a medical coding program. It is located in Madison. In 2010, Herzing University graduated 91 students from its medical coding programs. Tuition at Herzing University was $10,810 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's medical coding schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,445 per year, though tuition can range from $15,245 per year to $3,339 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Bryant and Stratton College-Milwaukee - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $15,245 per year
- Bryant and Stratton College-Wauwatosa - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $15,155 per year
- Rasmussen College-Wisconsin - located in Green Bay, students are charged $13,560 per year
The medical coding schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin medical coding graduates become medical coders. 4,130 medical coders were working in Wisconsin in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin medical coders:
- Milwaukee County - 1,550 medical coders
- Columbia County - 400 medical coders
- Brown County - 270 medical coders
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,380 medical coders will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of medical coders to grow by 14%.
On average, medical coders earn $34,960 per year. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin medical coders earned as little as less than $18,880 per year or as much as more than $55,700 per year. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for medical coders:
- Columbia County - $39,600 per year
- Milwaukee County - $36,080 per year
- Houston County - $35,940 per year
On average, medical coders earns the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Racine County - $29,400 per year
- Winnebago County - $31,000 per year
- Marathon County - $31,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,130||$34,960||27.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Wisconsin