There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a nursing assistant program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which is located in Fennimore. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College graduated 238 students from its nursing assistant program. Tuition at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College was $3,464 per year.
Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 614 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Northcentral Technical College in 2010. Students at Northcentral Technical College paid $3,493 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a nursing assistant program is Fox Valley Technical College. Fox Valley Technical College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Appleton. In 2010, 725 students graduated from Fox Valley Technical College nursing assistant program. The tuition rate at Fox Valley Technical College was $3,650 per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's nursing assistant schools ranges from $4,058 per year to $3,339 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,519 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin nursing assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin nursing assistant graduates become nursing assistants. If you decide to work as a nursing assistant in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 37,630 Wisconsin nursing assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin nursing assistants are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 9,530 nursing assistants
- Columbia County - 3,730 nursing assistants
- Dodge County - 3,190 nursing assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nursing assistants in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 42,050. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
On average, nursing assistants earn $25,620 per year. However, Wisconsin nursing assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,560 per year to more than $36,880 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a nursing assistant are:
- Columbia County - $27,320 per year
- Winnebago County - $26,320 per year
- Calumet County - $26,190 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Rock County - $23,580 per year
- Sheboygan County - $23,640 per year
- Ashland County - $23,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse assisting in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||37,630||$25,620||5.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Wisconsin