There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a nutrition program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 85 students graduated with a degree in nutrition from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison paid $8,983 per year in tuition fees.
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a nutrition program. It is located in Stevens Point. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point graduated 13 students from its nutrition program. Students at University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point paid $6,845 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a nutrition program is University of Wisconsin-Stout, which is located in Menomonie. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, 47 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Stout nutrition program. Students at University of Wisconsin-Stout paid $8,099 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Wisconsin's nutrition schools ranges from $22,118 per year to $3,371 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,119 per year. The Wisconsin nutrition schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mount Mary College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $22,118 per year
- Viterbo University - located in La Crosse, students are charged $20,850 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
The following Wisconsin nutrition schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
A nutrition degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nutrition school in Wisconsin go on to work as a nutritionist. Wisconsin had 1,120 nutritionists in 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin nutritionists are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 330 nutritionists
- Columbia County - 180 nutritionists
- Barron County - 80 nutritionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nutritionists is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,310 nutritionists working in the Wisconsin then.
On average, nutritionists earn $55,070 per year. But, salaries for nutritionists can vary. In 2010, nutritionists made as little as less than $31,930 per year or as much as more than $80,210 per year in Wisconsin. A nutritionist in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Columbia County - $62,600 per year
- Milwaukee County - $57,320 per year
- Brown County - $56,000 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Houston County - $46,790 per year
- Marathon County - $49,180 per year
- Barron County - $49,610 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in nutrition. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Nutrition in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||1,120||$55,070||4.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Wisconsin