There are schools offering paralegal programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a paralegal program is Herzing University. Herzing University, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Madison. In 2010, Herzing University graduated 17 students from its paralegal program. Herzing University charged in-state students $10,810 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a paralegal program. It is located in Milwaukee. ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's paralegal schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $3,355 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,401 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Green Bay - located in Green Bay, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
A paralegal degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin paralegal graduates become paralegals. In 2010, there were 3,650 paralegals working in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,710 paralegals
- Columbia County - 330 paralegals
- Brown County - 280 paralegals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,470 paralegals will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of paralegals to grow by 9%.
On average, paralegals earn $42,420 per year. However, Wisconsin paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,750 per year to more than $69,030 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Columbia County - $48,360 per year
- Milwaukee County - $48,030 per year
- Barron County - $38,900 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Adams County - $29,710 per year
- Calumet County - $32,610 per year
- Winnebago County - $32,640 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,650||$42,420||19.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Wisconsin