There are schools offering paramedic programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.8% of Wisconsin graduates receive certificates in paramedic training. In other words, every year an estimated 1,357 paramedics graduate from Wisconsin's 15 paramedic schools.
Chippewa Valley Technical College, which is located in Eau Claire, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. Students at Chippewa Valley Technical College paid $3,677 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a paramedic program is Northcentral Technical College. Northcentral Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Wausau. In 2010, 112 students graduated from Northcentral Technical College paramedic program. The tuition rate at Northcentral Technical College was $3,493 per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a paramedic program is Fox Valley Technical College, which is located in Appleton. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, Fox Valley Technical College graduated 69 students from its paramedic programs. Students at Fox Valley Technical College paid $3,650 per year in tuition fees.
Paramedic schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $3,523 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,058 per year, or as little as $3,339 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nicolet Area Technical College - located in Rhinelander, students are charged $4,058 per year
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin paramedic graduates become paramedics. 5,290 paramedics were working in Wisconsin in 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Barron County - 1,030 paramedics
- Adams County - 710 paramedics
- Milwaukee County - 650 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Wisconsin will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,610 paramedics working in Wisconsin.
On average, paramedics earn $28,470 per year. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $15,520 to $67,820 per year in 2010. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Rock County - $43,380 per year
- Milwaukee County - $35,840 per year
- Marathon County - $32,790 per year
A paramedic in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Fond du Lac County - $23,900 per year
- Barron County - $24,940 per year
- Brown County - $25,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||n/a||$22,320|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||5,290||$28,470||-25.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Wisconsin