There are schools offering personal training certifications in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Wisconsin
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Wisconsin receive personal training degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 87 personal trainers graduate from Wisconsin's 10 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a personal training program is Marquette University. Marquette University, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Milwaukee. 12 students graduated with a degree in personal training from Marquette University in 2010. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
Lakeland College, which is located in Plymouth, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in personal training from Lakeland College in 2010. Students at Lakeland College paid $19,640 per year in tuition fees.
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a personal training program. It is located in La Crosse. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse graduated 12 students from its personal training programs. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse was $7,911 per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's personal training schools ranges from $30,462 per year to $6,680 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,301 per year. The Wisconsin personal training schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
- Carroll University - located in Waukesha, students are charged $24,065 per year
The personal training schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - located in Oshkosh, students are charged $6,680 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point - located in Stevens Point, students are charged $6,845 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $7,360 per year
A personal training degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Wisconsin go on to work as a personal trainer. In 2010, there were 5,530 personal trainers working in Wisconsin. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Milwaukee County - 1,680 personal trainers
- Columbia County - 650 personal trainers
- Brown County - 520 personal trainers
The government projects that the number of personal trainers in Wisconsin will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,160 personal trainers working in Wisconsin.
A personal trainer in Wisconsin earns $24,160 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. personal trainers in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $15,400 to $51,060 per year in 2010. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Columbia County - $33,220 per year
- Buffalo County - $30,560 per year
- Racine County - $26,910 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $18,880 per year
- Dodge County - $19,140 per year
- Rock County - $19,330 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||5,530||$24,160||45.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Wisconsin