There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Wisconsin graduates receive degrees in physical therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 217 physical therapists graduate from Wisconsin's 6 physical therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a physical therapy program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, 36 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison's physical therapy program. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Madison was $8,983 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a physical therapy program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, 65 students graduated from Marquette University physical therapy program. Students at Marquette University paid $30,462 per year in tuition fees.
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a physical therapy program. It is located in La Crosse. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse graduated 42 students from its physical therapy programs. University of Wisconsin-La Crosse charged in-state students $7,911 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's physical therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,954 per year, though tuition can range from $30,462 per year to $7,911 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin physical therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carroll University - located in Waukesha, students are charged $24,065 per year
- Concordia University-Wisconsin - located in Mequon, students are charged $22,150 per year
The physical therapy schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse - located in La Crosse, students are charged $7,911 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $8,151 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy school in Wisconsin go on to work as a physical therapist. In 2010, there were 3,900 physical therapists working in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of physical therapists work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,330 physical therapists
- Columbia County - 500 physical therapists
- Barron County - 280 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Wisconsin will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,260 physical therapists working in Wisconsin.
A physical therapist in Wisconsin earns $74,040 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. physical therapists in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $16,990 to $121,770 per year in 2010. On average a physical therapist earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Winnebago County - $81,250 per year
- Brown County - $79,260 per year
- Columbia County - $76,960 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapists are:
- Marathon County - $66,490 per year
- Chippewa County - $69,180 per year
- Dodge County - $70,430 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in physical therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Wisconsin