There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Wisconsin receive respiratory therapy degrees every year. That means an estimated 109 respiratory therapists graduate from Wisconsin's 7 respiratory therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a respiratory therapy program is Chippewa Valley Technical College. Chippewa Valley Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Eau Claire. 9 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a respiratory therapy program is Western Technical College. Western Technical College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in La Crosse. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Western Technical College respiratory therapy program. Western Technical College charged in-state students $3,446 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a respiratory therapy program is Milwaukee Area Technical College, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, Milwaukee Area Technical College graduated 25 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Milwaukee Area Technical College charged in-state students $3,620 in tuition fees per year.
Respiratory therapy schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $3,528 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,677 per year, or as little as $3,433 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin respiratory therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - located in Green Bay, students are charged $3,511 per year
The respiratory therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
- Moraine Park Technical College - located in Fond Du Lac, students are charged $3,503 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,930 Wisconsin respiratory therapists as of 2010. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of respiratory therapists work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 700 respiratory therapists
- Columbia County - 280 respiratory therapists
- Brown County - 140 respiratory therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 20% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,710 respiratory therapists working in the Wisconsin then.
A respiratory therapist in Wisconsin makes an average of $54,960 per year. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $38,380 per year or as much as more than $72,100 per year. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Milwaukee County - $57,540 per year
- Racine County - $56,470 per year
- Columbia County - $55,890 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Chippewa County - $48,090 per year
- Ashland County - $50,310 per year
- Brown County - $52,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||90||$43,200||-35.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Wisconsin