There are schools offering social work degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a social work program. It is located in Madison. In 2010, 171 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison's social work program. University of Wisconsin-Madison charged in-state students $8,983 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a social work program is Marquette University. Marquette University, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Milwaukee. 23 students graduated with degree in social work from Marquette University in 2010. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a social work program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which is located in Whitewater. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduated 109 students from its social work programs. Students at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater paid $6,836 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,284 per year, though tuition can range from $30,462 per year to $3,433 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin social work schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
- Concordia University-Wisconsin - located in Mequon, students are charged $22,150 per year
The social work schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College - located in Hayward, students are charged $3,870 per year
- College of Menominee Nation - located in Keshena, students are charged $5,890 per year
A social work degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Wisconsin go on to work as a social worker. In 2010, there were 3,340 social workers working in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of social workers work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,040 social workers
- Columbia County - 310 social workers
- Barron County - 280 social workers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of social workers in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 3,540. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
A social worker in Wisconsin makes an average of $47,180 per year. But, salaries for social workers can vary. In 2010, social workers made as little as less than $18,150 per year or as much as more than $71,110 per year in Wisconsin. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Marathon County - $55,440 per year
- Barron County - $52,480 per year
- Racine County - $50,960 per year
On average, social workers earns the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Winnebago County - $30,490 per year
- Buffalo County - $41,750 per year
- Rock County - $42,200 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||4,130||$47,740||-19.6%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||3,340||$47,180||72.2%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,510||$45,870||30.7%|
|Social Workers, All Other||510||$55,320||-36.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Wisconsin