There are schools offering speech therapy programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.2% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from speech therapy degree programs every year. That means an estimated 347 speech therapists graduate from Wisconsin's 7 speech therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a speech therapy program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 93 students graduated with a degree in speech therapy from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison paid $8,983 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a speech therapy program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, Marquette University graduated 51 students from its speech therapy program. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a speech therapy program. It is located in Whitewater. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduated 36 students from its speech therapy programs. Students at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater paid $6,836 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin speech therapy school, average tuition will be $10,790 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,836 per year to $30,462 per year. The Wisconsin speech therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $8,151 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin speech therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - located in Whitewater, students are charged $6,836 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point - located in Stevens Point, students are charged $6,845 per year
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls - located in River Falls, students are charged $6,894 per year
A speech therapy degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
The highest percentage of speech therapy graduates in Wisconsin pursue careers as a speech therapist. Wisconsin had 1,150 speech therapists in 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin speech therapists are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 330 speech therapists
- Columbia County - 290 speech therapists
- Sheboygan County
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of speech therapists is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,880 speech therapists working in the Wisconsin then.
A speech therapist in Wisconsin earns $49,370 per year on average. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for speech therapists:
- Houston County - $62,060 per year
- Milwaukee County - $57,200 per year
- Rock County - $53,790 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for speech therapists are:
- Columbia County - $29,290 per year
- Sheboygan County - $39,670 per year
- Rock County - $53,790 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in speech therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in Wisconsin