There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Wisconsin students graduate with degrees in sports medicine. In other words, every year an estimated 82 sports medicine professionals graduate from Wisconsin's 9 sports medicine schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a sports medicine program is Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, Marquette University graduated 12 students from its sports medicine program. Marquette University charged in-state students $30,462 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a sports medicine program is University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, which is located in La Crosse. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse graduated 12 students from its sports medicine program. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse was $7,911 per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a sports medicine program is University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Eau Claire. 15 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in 2010. University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire charged in-state students $7,360 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's sports medicine schools ranges from $30,462 per year to $6,680 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,930 per year. The Wisconsin sports medicine schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Carthage College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $29,750 per year
- Carroll University - located in Waukesha, students are charged $24,065 per year
The sports medicine schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - located in Oshkosh, students are charged $6,680 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point - located in Stevens Point, students are charged $6,845 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $7,360 per year
A sports medicine degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
sports medicine graduates in Wisconsin can go into a variety of professions such as sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. 22,610 sports medicine professionals were working in Wisconsin in 2010. Of these, 7,810 were sports medicine physicians. In addition, 490 were sports medicine coordinator s, and 4,290 were physical therapy professors. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin sports medicine professionals:
- Milwaukee County - 10,550 sports medicine professionals
- Columbia County - 3,430 sports medicine professionals
- Barron County - 1,420 sports medicine professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 13,980 sports medicine professionals will be working in Wisconsin. This would require the number of sports medicine professional to grow by 18%.
sports medicine professionals in Wisconsin make an average of $81,755 per year. However, this number is only an average. Sports medicine professional in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $15,540 to $134,960 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for sports medicine professionals are:
- Winnebago County - $97,348 per year
- Adams County - $95,478 per year
- Rock County - $95,185 per year
The Wisconsin counties with the lowest average salary for sports medicine professionals are:
- Marathon County - $45,125 per year
- Chippewa County - $48,683 per year
- Sheboygan County - $49,110 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Wisconsin were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $191,370 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $103,610 per year
- Physical Therapist - $74,040 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $44,940 per year
- Coach - $29,850 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports medicine in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||7,810||$191,370||157.8%|
|Coaches and Scouts||4,760||$29,850||36.4%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||4,290||$103,610|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,360||$46,720||14.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Wisconsin