There are schools offering accounting degrees in Wyoming!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Wyoming
The top-ranked school in Wyoming that has a accounting program is University of Wyoming. University of Wyoming, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Laramie. 38 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Wyoming in 2010. Tuition at University of Wyoming was $3,927 per year.
Western Wyoming Community College, which is located in Rock Springs, is the second-ranked school in Wyoming that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Western Wyoming Community College accounting program. Western Wyoming Community College charged in-state students $1,994 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wyoming with a accounting program is Central Wyoming College, which is located in Riverton. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, Central Wyoming College graduated 7 students from its accounting programs. Students at Central Wyoming College paid $2,136 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wyoming's accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,849 per year, though tuition can range from $3,927 per year to $1,848 per year. In 2010, the following Wyoming accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Wyoming - located in Laramie, students are charged $3,927 per year
- Laramie County Community College - located in Cheyenne, students are charged $2,472 per year
- Northwest College - located in Powell, students are charged $2,246 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wyoming accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Casper College - located in Casper, students are charged $1,848 per year
- Western Wyoming Community College - located in Rock Springs, students are charged $1,994 per year
- Eastern Wyoming College - located in Torrington, students are charged $2,016 per year
An accounting degree from a Wyoming school... what next?
A large number of Wyoming accounting graduates become accountants. In 2010, there were 1,670 accountants working in Wyoming. The largest populations of Wyoming accountants are working in the following counties:
- Laramie County - 500 accountants
- Lincoln County - 350 accountants
- Campbell County - 230 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,220 accountants will be working in Wyoming state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 16%.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $62,000 per year in Wyoming state. However, Wyoming accountants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $31,250 per year to more than $119,610 per year in 2010. The following counties in Wyoming have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Natrona County - $77,250 per year
- Lincoln County - $70,670 per year
- Campbell County - $58,850 per year
The following counties in Wyoming have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Albany County - $53,700 per year
- Big Horn County - $55,180 per year
- Laramie County - $56,270 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Wyoming and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Wyoming
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Wyoming
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Wyoming
- Certificate in Accounting in Wyoming
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wyoming
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||5,070||$34,150||0.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||1,670||$62,000||11.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||490||$32,880||-23.4%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||310||$35,620||-18.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Wyoming