There are schools offering criminal justice degrees in Wyoming!
Schools Offering Criminal Justice Programs in Wyoming
Each year, approximately 1.1% of Wyoming graduates receive degrees in criminal justice. In other words, every year an estimated 150 criminal justice professionals graduate from Wyoming's 8 criminal justice schools.
University of Wyoming, which is located in Laramie, is the top-ranked school in Wyoming that has a criminal justice program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 81 students graduated with a degree in criminal justice from University of Wyoming in 2010. Tuition at University of Wyoming was $3,927 per year.
Western Wyoming Community College, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wyoming that has a criminal justice program. It is located in Rock Springs. 11 students graduated with degree in criminal justice from Western Wyoming Community College in 2010. Students at Western Wyoming Community College paid $1,994 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Wyoming that has a criminal justice program is Central Wyoming College. Central Wyoming College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Riverton. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Central Wyoming College criminal justice program. Central Wyoming College charged in-state students $2,136 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wyoming's criminal justice schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,370 per year, though tuition can range from $3,927 per year to $1,848 per year. In 2010, the following Wyoming criminal justice schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Wyoming - located in Laramie, students are charged $3,927 per year
- Laramie County Community College - located in Cheyenne, students are charged $2,472 per year
- Sheridan College - located in Sheridan, students are charged $2,322 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wyoming criminal justice schools were charged at the following schools:
- Casper College - located in Casper, students are charged $1,848 per year
- Western Wyoming Community College - located in Rock Springs, students are charged $1,994 per year
- Eastern Wyoming College - located in Torrington, students are charged $2,016 per year
A criminal justice degree from a Wyoming school... what next?
criminal justice graduates in Wyoming can go into a variety of professions such as special agent, private detective, security guard, and paralegal. If you decide to work as a criminal justice professional in Wyoming, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,450 Wyoming criminal justice professional as of 2010. This number includes 960 correctional officers, 180 special agents, and private detectives. The following counties have the largest number of Wyoming criminal justice professionals:
- Albany County - 570 criminal justice professionals
- Laramie County - 400 criminal justice professionals
- Lincoln County - 310 criminal justice professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of criminal justice professionals is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,680 criminal justice professionals working in Wyoming then. Of these 2,680 criminal justice professionals, the government predicts that 790 will be correctional officers, 200 will be special agents, and an unknown number will be private detectives.
On average, criminal justice professionals earn $44,644 per year. But, salaries for criminal justice professional can vary. In 2010, criminal justice professional made as little as less than $15,780 per year or as much as more than $108,940 per year in Wyoming. On average criminal justice professional earn the most in the following Wyoming counties:
- Big Horn County - $46,610 per year
- Lincoln County - $41,035 per year
- Laramie County - $35,760 per year
Criminal justice professionals in the following counties in Wyoming make the lowest salaries on average:
- Albany County - $30,483 per year
- Natrona County - $31,670 per year
- Campbell County - $35,170 per year
The criminal justice professionals with highest average salaries in Wyoming were:
- Special Agent - $69,410 per year
- Private Detective - $48,850 per year
- Correctional Officer - $40,530 per year
The criminal justice professionals with lowest average salaries in Wyoming were:
- Paralegal - $36,220 per year
- Security Guard - $28,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wyoming statistics regarding a career in criminal justice. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as criminology or forensic science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice in Wyoming
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice in Wyoming
- Certificate in Criminal Justice in Wyoming
Curious what studying Criminal Justice gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wyoming
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Private Detectives and Investigators||n/a||$48,850|
|Correctional Officers and Jailers||960||$40,530||9.1%|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||490||$36,220||36.1%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||180||$69,410||-5.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are criminal justice related jobs in Wyoming