Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Allied Health Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online allied health programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online allied health programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 18 offer accredited online allied health programs. There are approximately 211,240 students enrolled in these accredited online allied health schools. The admission rate for students who apply to these online allied health colleges is 72%. This means that 18 out of every 25 students who apply for admission to enroll in online allied health courses receive admission.

These schools offer online allied health classes at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in allied health
  • Bachelor's degree in allied health
  • Master's degree in allied health
  • Certificate in allied health

Accredited online allied health schools offer 4 online allied health certificate programs, 11 online allied health associate's degree programs and 8 online allied health bachelor's degree programs for students to choose from. Also, there is 1 online allied health master's degree program.

Of the 211,240 students enrolled in online allied health classes, 34% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 66% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online allied health programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online allied health degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online allied health college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as an allied health professional. Accredited online allied health school graduates may also choose to pursue a career as a home health aide or a nursing assistant, among other options. Salary earned by those with allied health degrees or certificates depends on factors such as shift timings, large or small employer, or location. Salary can be in the range of $15,300 to $130,780 per year. In particular, allied health professionals earn an average yearly salary of $31,220. And home health aides, earn an average salary of $21,480 per year. Nursing assistants, earn $24,148 per year on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking allied health courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find an allied health program in your state
Not interested in allied health? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer allied health related subjects

Browse online allied health programs


Online Allied Health Programs Offered

Browse online allied health programs


Online Allied Health Programs Offered

  • Occupational Therapy Aide - Penn Foster Career School Online Occupational Therapy Aide program concentrates on occupational therapy code of ethics, applying medical terminology and the different techniques used to plan and assist in the execution of daily living therapy. Students use the skills and knowledge obtained from the Occupational Therapy Aide program to get a head start in training programs accredited by the ACOTE, which leads to official certification and greater opportunities to work as aids and assistants in occupational therapy programs. Students graduate by completing 4 instruction sets.
  • Optician
  • Physical Therapy Aide - The Penn Foster Career School Online Physical Therapy Aide program explores traditional and cutting edge therapeutic modalities and arms students with the understanding in medical terminology and human physiology to assist therapists in rehabilitating patients. State licensure is not required to practice physical Therapy Aide, therefore graduates of the Physical Therapy Aide program can seem immediate employment or internship work at public health care centers with a specialized physical therapy department. The program features 5 instruction sets and assists student’s learning with DVD and CD aids.