Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Bookkeeping Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online bookkeeping programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online bookkeeping programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Over 10 accredited online bookkeeping programs are offered at the 89 online schools in the US. These accredited online bookkeeping schools have an enrollment of an estimated 71,414 students. These online bookkeeping colleges typically have an open admissions policy. This means that they admit anyone who is interested in online bookkeeping courses as long as they meet the minimum general requirements.

These schools offer online bookkeeping classes at the following level:

  • Certificate in bookkeeping

Students attending accredited online bookkeeping schools may choose from over 10 online bookkeeping certificate programs.

Of the 71,414 students enrolled in online bookkeeping classes, 21% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 79% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online bookkeeping programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online bookkeeping certificate.

After graduation, online bookkeeping college graduates can choose from careers such as a bookkeeping clerk. Salary earned by those with bookkeeping certificates depends on factors such as large or small employer, educational qualifications, or shift timings. Salary can be in the range of $15,670 to $68,810 per year. Bookkeeping clerks earn $32,681 per annum, on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking bookkeeping courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a bookkeeping program in your state
Not interested in bookkeeping? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer bookkeeping related subjects

Browse online bookkeeping programs


Online Bookkeeping Programs Offered

  • Bookkeeping - The Penn Foster Career School Online Bookkeeping program teaches students how to prepare balance sheets, income statements, expense reports and manage all pertinent business and financial records. Graduates of the Online Bookkeeping program will generally pursue official certification through the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) before maintaining the financial records of all types of small and large businesses. The program consists of 7 instructional sets and graduates receive AIPB exam prep guides and a voucher to partially cover the certified bookkeeper exam fee.

Online Bookkeeping Programs Offered