Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Counseling Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online counseling programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online counseling programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

There are 116 online schools in the US offering over 242 accredited online counseling programs. There is an enrollment of a reported 1,220,663 students at these accredited online counseling schools. These online counseling colleges have an admission rate of approximately 70%. In other words, 7 out of every 10 applicants receive admission in online counseling courses.

Students can take online counseling classes at the following degree and certificate levels:

  • Associate's degree in counseling
  • Bachelor's degree in counseling
  • Master's degree in counseling
  • Doctoral degree in counseling
  • Certificate in counseling

Accredited online counseling schools offer 72 online counseling certificate programs, 3 online counseling associate's degree programs and 19 online counseling bachelor's degree programs for students to select from. Also, 120 online counseling master's degree programs and 28 online counseling doctoral degree programs are offered at these schools.

Of the 1,220,663 students enrolled in online counseling classes, 45% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 55% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online counseling programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online counseling degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online counseling college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a counselor. Accredited online counseling school graduates may also choose to pursue a career as a guidance counselor or a therapist, among other options.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking counseling courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a counseling program in your state
Not interested in counseling? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer counseling related subjects

Browse online counseling programs


Online Counseling Programs Offered


Online Counseling Programs Offered

  • PhD - Counselor Education and Supervision - The Capella University Online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision program strengthens knowledge in leadership, supervision, counselor educational theories, advanced clinical techniques, and social science. This Online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision degree is earned by professionals interested in careers in advanced research, supervisor positions in counseling, or advanced practitioner positions in clinical and educational settings. This degree requires 144 credit hours of study including field work, three four day residencies, a dissertation and coursework.

Browse online counseling programs


Online Counseling Programs Offered