Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Criminology Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online criminology programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online criminology programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

In the US, there are over 67 online schools that offer approximately 133 accredited online criminology programs. There is an enrollment of a reported 461,525 students at these accredited online criminology schools. These online criminology colleges have an admission rate of approximately 47%. In other words, 47 out of every 100 applicants receive admission in online criminology courses.

These schools offer online criminology classes at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in criminology
  • Bachelor's degree in criminology
  • Master's degree in criminology
  • Doctoral degree in criminology
  • Certificate in criminology

Accredited online criminology schools offer 5 online criminology certificate programs, 98 online criminology associate's degree programs and 15 online criminology bachelor's degree programs for students to choose from. In addition, at the graduate level, students may select from one of 13 online criminology master's degree programs or 2 online criminology doctoral degree programs.

Of the 461,525 students enrolled in online criminology classes, 36% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 64% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online criminology programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online criminology degree or certificate.

After graduation, online criminology college graduates can choose from careers as a criminologist or a probation officer. Criminology degree and certificate holders can expect to earn a yearly salary anywhere from $18,500 to $135,290, depending on factors such as the exact job, educational qualifications, or large or small employer. For example, criminologists earn an average salary of $74,474 per year, while probation officers, earn an average salary of $44,642 per year.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking criminology courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a criminology program in your state
Not interested in criminology? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer criminology related subjects

Browse online criminology programs


Online Criminology Programs Offered


Online Criminology Programs Offered

  • Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Crime & Criminals
  • Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Criminal Justice - Crime & Criminals - The Walden University Online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Criminal Justice Crime and Criminals program focuses on a study of criminology, crime scene procedure, investigation and other aspects of criminal law enforcement. This Online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Criminal Justice Crime and Criminals program helps students develop knowledge of the law to join law enforcement agencies as a detective, criminologist, researcher or a crime scene investigator. The program is 181 credit hours long and requires 5 credit hours of on-the-job training in Capstone courses.