Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Culinary Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online culinary programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online culinary programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 42 offer accredited online culinary programs. These accredited online culinary schools have approximately 285,702 students enrolled. These online culinary colleges have an admission rate of approximately 56%. In other words, 14 out of every 25 applicants receive admission in online culinary courses.

Online culinary classes are available at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in culinary arts
  • Bachelor's degree in culinary arts
  • Certificate in culinary arts

Students attending accredited online culinary schools may select from over 39 online culinary certificate programs, 25 online culinary associate's degree programs and 22 online culinary bachelor's degree programs.

Of the 285,702 students enrolled in online culinary classes, 47% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 53% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online culinary programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online culinary degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online culinary college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a chef. Accredited online culinary school graduates may also choose to pursue a career as a certified personal chef or a line cook, among other options. Culinary degree and certificate holders can expect to earn a yearly salary anywhere from $15,430 to $163,290, depending on factors such as the exact job, job duties, or large or small employer. In particular, chefs earn an average yearly salary of $42,164. And certified personal chef s, earn an average salary of $28,288 per year. Line cooks, earn $21,984 per year on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking culinary courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a culinary program in your state
Not interested in culinary? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer culinary related subjects

Browse online culinary programs

Browse online culinary programs


Online Culinary Programs Offered

  • Caterer - The Penn Foster Career School Online Caterer program partitions the often hectic world of catering into education content covering food presentation techniques, garnishing, efficient kitchen layouts and the essentials needed to prepare any combination of food requests. The Online caterer program content is excellent for individuals who want to learn the prerequisite knowledge needed to become employed in food services of hotels, restaurants, resorts and catering companies. The 10 instructional sets uses video learning aids to challenge students to prepare and properly present specific dishes.
  • Hotel/Restaurant Management - The Penn Foster Career School Online Hotel/Restaurant Management program teaches students how to oversee food preparation services, manage a kitchen and waiting staff, perform scheduling duties and budget costs in a hospitality and food service setting. Graduates of the Online Hotel/Restaurant Management program are generally ready to apply their managerial knowledge in mid-level supervisory positions responsible for day-to-day operations. Students complete 6 instruction sets and have the option of participating in a work experience program.