Interested in studying dog training?
Below you'll find a plethora of information on dog training!
Take your time, read everything and see if it's right for you!
States with dog training schools
How will your dog training education stack up?
Take a few moments to compare how the dog training education in your home state compares with that of other states in the nation. The US has 2 brick and mortar dog training schools.
The top schools in the nation in 2010 that had dog training programs were:
- Becker College - located in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Lake Land College - located in Mattoon, Illinois
In 2010 in the US, 24 students graduated with certificates in dog training. Of these students, 14 graduated from certificate programs in dog training and 10 graduated from undergraduate programs in dog training.
Students can pursue education in dog training at the following levels:
- Associate's Degree in Dog Training
- Certificate in Dog Training
During the course of their dog training education, students can hope to gain the following skills and/or knowledge:
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Problem Behavior
- Judgment and Decision Making
In 2010, dog training schools around the nation charged an average tuition of $14,832 per year.
The dog training schools that charged students the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lake Land College - located in Mattoon, Illinois, students paid $2,544
- Becker College - located in Worcester, Massachusetts, students paid $24,780
How will your dog training job compare?
A large number of dog training majors work as dog trainers after graduation. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 9,740 dog trainers working in the US in 2010. The states with the largest populations of dog trainers are:
- California - 1,240 Dog Trainers
- New York - 750 Dog Trainers
- Florida - 730 Dog Trainers
Over the next few years, the government projects the growth for dog trainers to be the fastest in these states:
- Utah - 34%
- Alabama - 31%
- Maryland - 31%
In the US, an dog trainer earns on average $30,533 per year. However, the salary for an dog trainer can greatly vary based on factors such as your boss, your employer or professional associations and certifications. Salaries for dog trainers range from less than $15,570 per year to more than $85,900 per year. Dog trainers in the following states make the highest salaries on average:
- Minnesota - $41,200 per year
- Delaware - $40,290 per year
- Virginia - $40,160 per year
Dog trainers in the following states make the lowest salaries on average:
- Nebraska - $19,080 per year
- Indiana - $20,510 per year
- Oregon - $21,430 per year
So what kind of job can you get after studying
Below you'll find various popular careers! Compare professions and see which one you find interesting!
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (Past 5 Yrs)|